Join The ACBS and Blackhawk Chapter Today
Click here for an application
- To bring people together with a common interest in historic, antique and classic boats, sharing fellowship, information, experience and exchange of ideas.
- To protect the heritage of boating by promoting, first the preservation and, secondly, the restoration of historic antique and classic boats.
- To promote, further and encourage a love and enjoyment of all aspects of historic, antique and classic boating.
- To serve as a communication channel for our membership, the public, and any other entities regarding information relating to historic, antique and classic boating. This includes serving as a clearing house and referral service for all information relating to historic, antique, and classic boating.
- To serve as the governing body and parent organization for such chapters as shall be formed and created under our auspices; this includes providing support for and communicating with these chapters.
- To inspire and support quality boat shows and related events among our chapters; to establish and maintain standards for classifying boats and conducting boat shows.
- To educate our membership and the general public concerning safety and protocol as it relates to historic, antique and classic boating.
Annual Membership Directory - You will be listed in the “Who’s Who” of the antique and classic boating world along with thousands of others who share the same interests you have. Want to find someone with a boat just like yours? This Directory comes to you annually. It has six different reference categories helping you to find the information you’re are looking for.
The ACBS Rudder - This is the official magazine of The Antique & Classic Boat Society. It is published four times a year providing an updated calendar of events occurring in your area and across the continent. Each issue is packed with information of interest: restoration information including advertisements from vendors who may be of assistance to you in the maintenance and restoration of your boat; local Chapters and their events are spotlighted, historic boats and builders are often profiled and every issue has the Trading Dock, a free forum for ACBS members to list their boats and any other related items they may want to sell.
The Blackhawk Smoke Signal - The Smoke Signal is the official newsletter of the Blackhawk Chapter which is included with your annual membership. It is published six times a year.
The ACBS Website - The ACBS website is regularly updated with all matter of information to keep you abreast of what’s going on at the international and local Chapter levels. Additionally, a “resources” page provides links to items of interest to the antique and classic boater, local ACBS Chapters websites, advertisers in Rudder, maritime museums and marque clubs. The ACBS Ships Store on the website offers high-quality logo merchandise and clothing. The Members Only Section provides current information, resource and historical perspective.
Chapter Memberships - Membership in a local chapter officers you the social and fellowship opportunity you may be looking for. Currently there are fifty-five local ACBS chapters spread across the United States and Canada. An ACBS member typically belongs to a chapter in his area and then may also belong to a secondary chapter in an area he/she likes to visit. Chapters are where it happens all year long! Boat shows, rendezvous, cruises, restoration clinics, social events and just plain fun.
National Membership Meetings, Boat Shows, and Symposiums - Each year ACBS promotes an International Boat Show in conjunction with an Annual Meeting and local chapter sponsored events. Every other year, a Restoration Symposium is organized presenting seminars headed-up by noted experts in the areas of antique and classic boat history, restoration, and new technology as it relates to vintage boating.
Marine Insurance at a discount- Under the terms of a unique agreement between ACBS and Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance, Inc. ACBS members are eligible for a 10% premium discount on boats insured through Hagerty. The discount is distinct from all other discounts or surcharges that may apply.